Jul 29, 2015

I love events.  Today is the big day.  Yesterday  Luiz and I fought all day, but we had a fruitful talk, last night.  I went out for awhile, and during that time, he pulled cards and it helped him gain perspective, and he was ready to not fight.  Thank goodness.  I still didn't get to sleep till 4 am, but, at least I didn't have to get up early.

So, Susan called last night, and offered to come with me.  My client is also friendly with her, and invited her to this book launch.  It's right in Susan's neighborhood in Brookside, she was like "We'll ride together!  You won't need that Google thing!" I love Sue.  Sweeping in like a wine-drunk superhero.  Driving to Queens was giving me fits.  FITS.  Now, I have SueBe!  A hilarious, witty, funny friend, and driving partner.  This is one of those events that's shaping up to be more and more fun.  One of those days where I feel like "holy shit, I'm getting paid for this, I am living the dream."  I am getting paid a lot for this.  Like triple my going rate.  There's something nutty about getting "tipped" 75%

I slept right in, ate some Taco Bell for breakfast, had some quality time with Luiz, we watched a show and cuddled and had sexytimes, and I am just easing into the day nicely.  I am looping Whitney Houston on full blast, and singing all the frogs out of my throat.  After I finish here, I am going to take a huge long, cool spa-bath, where I bust out all the expensive shit and really take care of myself.  The only thing that's making me grumpy now is the fact that is, as ever, 90 degrees F in here, with a soupy 65% humidity.  You could take little bites out of the air, it's so thick.  I might have to take my makeup bag in the car, to beat the mug.  You cannot powder over sweat.  Worst case scenario, I have good skin, and a nice tan. For non event stuff, I'm getting away with bold lips, and mascara.  It's nice to be 37, and still have the skin of a twenty year old.  Well, I still get zits, so...maybe not always so nice.

I feel good.  I have my shit together. I haven't decided what to wear yet, I was going to wear the green dress, but my table stuff is all emerald green, I don't want to be a wall of green.  That's the only piece of the puzzle that hasn't slipped in yet.  I am making money today, and I love money.  I am making connections with new people today, and I love new people.  Like my therapist says of herself, "I am an introvert, but I love engaging.  I love going to parties, and meeting new people...as long as it's on my terms."  Yaass mawma.


No comments:

Post a Comment